November 29, 2010

Pakistan's journey from the Quaid to al-Qaeda

By Habib R. Sulemani


I had created this thoughtless image on June 24, 2009 and had captioned it as "Al Qaeda". This is what I do often! In the process of self-catharsis, sometimes I can't express my feelings in words especially in prose or poetry... so I sit on the computer and start drawing careless lines... I use pen, pencil and paper no more.
--
Today, it's exact eight months since I went into hibernation after the first attack on my life. I'm living a life in solitary confinement... locked inside my home in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Besides anonymous people, I'm continuously receiving threats from religious, racist and nationalist extremists -- the "strategic assets" of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and other secret agencies.The democratic government is still silent.
--
As a layman, I'm wondering: what went wrong with Pakistan? The nation had given its founding father, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the title of Quaid-i-Azam or The Great Leader. What kind of a country the Quaid (leader) wanted in the shape of Pakistan? It's very clear in the August 11, 1947 speech of Mr. Jinnah.

This speech of the founding father was censored by the first group of dishonest members of the establishment. Yes! Mr. Jinnah was the first victim of censorship in the very country he had created! He wanted a liberal Islamic country because he himself was a liberal Muslim leader.

“You are free to go to your temples; you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place of worship in this state of Pakistan. You may belong to any caste or creed — that has nothing to do with the business of the state.”

This is what Mr. Jinnah had said over 63-year ago. It was censored then and even today the establishment shamefully ignores it in the "democratic" Pakistan.

A liberal Pakistan... but then who imported the symbol of global terrorism, Al-Qaeda? From where came the catastrophic waves of extremism and terrorism? Out of censorship and intellectual dishonesty? May be! Anybody who can tell me the bitter truth?

3 comments:

  1. whatever wrongs you were writing, the wikileaks have proved them right, ustad jee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HABIB A VERY NICE POST. NOW IT IS IN THE OPEN WHO IS TRAITOR AND WHO ARE THE PUPPETS IN PAKISTAN. CHOR BHI KAHAY CHOR CHOR...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jinnah was not the founder of Pakistan. The true founder of Pakistan was Allah.
    The demand for Pakistan was based on the command of Allah, conveyed to Muslims by Prophet Muhammad, through the Koran.

    ReplyDelete