The locals are mostly followers of The Aga Khan, spiritual leader of the Ismaili Shia Muslims, who uses his influence to bridge gaps among different religions and regions of the world. However, some highly educated locals complain that few people are violating the laws of the country and teachings of their "peacemaker" leader. They're allegedly promoting a Taliban-like "tribalism" under the influence of the secret agencies, especially the ISI, to depoliticize the district which is demanding an extra seat for Gojal tehsil in the Gilgit-Baltistan Legislative Assembly (GBLA).
Some people, who had staged a protest demonstration demanding relief in the landslide-hit Gojal, which is cut-off from rest of the country for over 10 months, were charged with treason. The ISI had even succeeded in presenting a resolution against the helpless people in the GBLA. Political workers say that it was an effort to root out the PPP in the area with the help of some dubious party members However, the Assembly rejected it and criticized the undemocratic activities of the secret agencies.
This is the level of tyranny of the secret agencies in the region that has no political rights under the Constitution of the country.
A social scientist from Karimabad has pointed out an article in favor of tribalism in Hunza – published in the blogs owned by a retired one-star general of the Pakistan Army who is now a noted community leader – saying that it should be discussed in our group blogs in a critical way so that the level of tolerance among the people increases. Thus here is the article without any editing.–The Terrorland Team
A rationale in the historical evidences: It is on the record of the history that as a potent and powerful bond, the traditional Arbitration and Reconciliation system, justice system and the nexus of the tribal management forms and manifestations of Hunza had played a vital role to glue the masses together into an ethnic entity with full honor and dignity for centuries, despite the most unfriendly and harsh socio-economic conditions and hostile natural phenomenon and simultaneously developing a highly integrated crime and stress free ideal society with the ultimate social harmony. It also had contributed to give Hunza a prominent status and unique character among the contemporary cross states of the region but also a Cinderella like mythological fame in the western world. So se have stepped forward to retest an old remedy to cure the wounds of the modern era, by indoctrinating with this traditional rich heritage of ours, with a firm belief that it will help to retrieve our past glory and pave way to renaissance.
Special Note: One should hear in mind, that this Special Body will not be challenging and repudiating one form any aspect for the existence and authority of the pre-existing Jamati Institutions, but its status will be that of a stake holder, facilitator, collaborator, energizer, booster, promoter and catalyst of programmes of Jamati Institutions.
It is the clash of civilizations, in words of President Bush, that is the root cause and fundamental and principle reason, why there is a broadened dichotomy between the people of south and Badakshanies of north?
The Theme for Development: Why another Institution is indispensable despite pre existing Institutions?
Here are some of the fundamental questions that rankle in the minds of our public: Why did we become a virtual victim of this on going Crisis? What went wrong? And why should we suffer despite provision of the services of suchv integrated system of social institutions and presence of an Omni-potent, Omni-present and Ever Living guidance system?
Is our Faith too languished to follow the precious sayings and directions of our Imam? Is our collective moral fall, the principal cause of this intimidating current crisis? Are the Institutions a Sacred Cow and they are too much sacrosanctv that no body can delineate any weaker point in their performance or otherwise it is a taboo?
The main objectives of the political office (institution): As a potent helping hand, the institution will play its role parallel with Namdar Institutions without interfering in their domain. And will strive to achieve the following Objectives.
• To resolve the on going crisis andddress the issues pertinent th the status quo.
• To develop the manpower with social focus to political leadership.
• To creat harmony among our people thus paving a way to a national unity.
• To bridge the widening gaps and schism between the jamat and Jamati institutions by coherence for collective survival in today’s context.
• To extend all possible help to the Namdar Institutions as partner on need basis.
• To make advocacy in certain political matters as the representative institutions.
• To establish cordial relations with cross communities on the grounds of common interests and shared values, in the vision of our Imam. (Bridging) to making joint endeavours to achieve a sustainable development.
• To safe guard the national rights, privilages and interests on government level.
• To promote the cultural and social heritage and moral values and traditions and take precautionary measures to save our rich heritage from being obsolete forever by the hands of alien cultural onslaughts.
• To harness all available means and mediums to unite our people on priority.
• To make a long term grand agenda of at least 30 to 50 years or so..
Specification of some additional Mandatory role of the Office: • Playing role as a stake holder, partner and facilitator of Jamati Institutions.
• Development of political culture and leadership of high caliber.
• Creating general awareness among people.
• Integrating all the re-existing town management agencies under one grand parent body.
• Devising a grand future agenda, determining the priorities n modern prospective.
• Harnessing the potential by pooling up the intellect of the community.
• Advocacy for Jamati Institutions and the government.
• Coordination, liaison, without interfering in the personal affairs of the institutions.
• Making strategies and implementing the plans.
• Exploring the economic, educational, social, financial opportunities.
• Proper usage of land and other resources.
• Promoting the traditional built heritage in a modern architecture.
• Commercialize the local agriculture. By supplanting the conventional crops with cash crops. (proper storage system, proper marketing system, adopting a subtle mechanism to stabilizing the prices all year round).
• Exploring new markets.
• All sorts of commercial activities and ventures and providing advisory services. Monitoring entrepreneurs to diversify the business and trade by avoiding replications.
• Conducting comprehensive surveys to raise success rate in all economic development activities.
• Making skill development Programs and capacity Building Projects for our work force.
• Future planning.
• Bridging to Cross Communities via using various shared values and common interest.
• Indentifying issues and propose interventions.
How can we achieve the required objectives? Initially a comprehensive survey under the direct supervision of the Namdar Institution will be conducted to collect the up date data about the potential manpower on Hunza level. Then in the evidence of this survey, all the potential individuals without the difference of sect and race be lime lighted. This will specify the out lines of this institution. In that first meeting, the visionaries of this concept will further express in full length the insignificance, utility and dire need in the context of ever rapidly changing geo-political global scenario and consistentlhy emerging other natural phenomenon. On this stage, these invitees will be convinced o extend their voluntary services in personal capacity in their perspective disciplines. To effectively disseminate the concept, handbills or small brochures can be distributed among the attendants of this meeting. It would be great if multi media facility can also be used for a boost-full take off.
Remember! Until and unless the fragile responsibilities are not assigned to right person in a right time in a systematic way in a volatile socio-political ambience, no national objectives or national triumph can be achieved.
The organizational structure of the institution: The structural organization of the proposed body will be composed with various organs. It will be integrated with various sub committees on village level. A supreme council will head it. The heads of these villages level committees will bet he members of the Supreme Council. The Supreme Council will be comprised with intellectuals of certain disciplines, like political scientists, visionaries, politicians (members of the district and N.A level councils), aristocrats, Rtd, military officers, educationist, Aala Numberdars, social activists, the influential elders of certain tribes and prominent elite of the society ho could contribute to this body.
The mandatory role of the Body will be diverged in to the following divisional offices. The organic structure of the Institutions shall be comprised with the following components.
• The Think Tank. (Pool of Intellectuals/Visionaries Bench)
• The Crisis Management Unit. (Special Tasks Unit/Salvation Force).
• The Political Wing. (The House of People/Tanzeem-ul-Amal)
• The Cultural Board. (The traditional Music and Dance especially Religious one Sujo Maraka).
• Arbitration and Reconciliation House. (Koyochey Maraka/majlis Shura)
• Social Welfare Bureau.
• Manpower Development and Capacity Building Office.
• Economic Affairs Division.
• Education Advisory Commission.
• Religious Affairs Management.
• The Youth Wing.
• Women’s Affairs Cell.
• Special Service Squad. (SSS)
• The Environment Society.
Proposed man power development plans: To further developing the organizational setup the Body and proliferate its objectives, the manpower in the following diverse discipline will be produced.
• The Intellectual manpower. (Visionaries)
• The Political Leadership.
• The technical manpower.
• Business Tycoons.
• Legal and Political Advisors.
• Financial Advisories.
• Consultant of diverse fields.
• Technocrats. (Innovators).
• Tourism Promoters.
• Sportsmen of national and International level.
• Artists of various disciplines.
• The literary men.
• Highly learned Educationists.
• The seasoned Master Trainers.
• Barristers and Lawyers of International level.
• Specialist Doctors.
• Skilled Engineers.
• Genius Planners.
• Well informed Media related people.
• Foresighted Research associates.
• Commercial Foresters
(Courtesy: Brigadier Hisamullah Beg http://hisamullahbeg.blogspot.com/2010/08/hunza-that-zeenat-shah-wants.html)